4th Annual Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction
Presented by On-Site Magazine and SitePartners
The Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction is back!
On-Site Magazine and SitePartners have returned to recognize a new group of exceptional, progressive, and innovative young leaders who are advancing the movement of construction in Canada!
Last year, we celebrated the accomplishments of 40 construction professionals who are making an immediate impact in the cities, provinces, and country in which they live. Featuring individuals both on- and off-site who are helping advance complex infrastructure projects, implementing or launching powerful technology tools for jobsites, and building communities for families to thrive, the far-reaching contributions of last years’ winners is a promising reflection of where the Canadian construction industry is heading.
Now in its fourth year, we are excited to announce that the call for submissions for the 2023 Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction is now underway!
We are, once again, looking for a cross-section of impressive professionals from all areas of the construction industry. Our previous three editions have featured individuals who have made an impact on the industry, rising through the ranks of their companies throughout their 20s or 30s. Honourees have included: Architects, Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Equipment Operators, Estimators, Executives, Occupational Health & Safety Managers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Site Supervisors, Superintendents, Tradespersons, and many more in the consulting, law, finance, and technology communities that support Canadian construction. If you know someone under 40 as of the end of this year who is building up Canada’s construction sector, please nominate them for this special, and highly regarded recognition.
Winners for the Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction will be chosen based on professional achievements, innovation, leadership, and community involvement, and will be profiled in the October 2023 issue of On-Site Magazine.
In considering each candidate, our panel of judges will refer to the following weighted system:
50% – Professional Achievement
- Significant business or project accomplishments.
- Track record of outstanding work in the office or field.
- Professional designations, memberships, or licences.
- Educational development and qualifications.
40% – Innovation, Leadership, and Influence
- Professional innovation and industry disruption.
- Team leadership.
- Roles in key decision making.
10% – Business / Community Involvement
- Participation in professional mentorship programs.
- Participation in charitable or volunteer initiatives.
We are looking to recognize individuals who are respected leaders or rising stars in the construction community. In addition, successful nominees must also be:
- A resident of Canada and currently working in Canada.
- 39 years old or younger on December 31, 2023.
All eligible nominees must have their name and details submitted through the official Top 40 Under 40 in Canadian Construction form below on this webpage. This form must be completed in full, and may take up to 15 minutes or longer to complete.
You may preview the list of the nomination questions that you will be required to fill out here, but only nominations that have been submitted through the official online form will be eligible.
The Fine Print:
- You may choose to either nominate yourself or someone else.
- If you choose to nominate yourself, you must attach an endorsed Letter of Support from a current or former supervisor, colleague, client, or vendor.
- You may submit nominations for more than one person, but those submitting on behalf of companies or organizations are asked to limit their nominations to five individuals.
- Only nominations submitted through the form beginning on the following page of this website will be eligible.
- While we won’t be accepting any repeat winners, those who were nominated last year but did not win are welcome and encouraged to reapply.
- Nominations must be submitted by 11:59pm PST on Friday, July 28th, 2023.
Please direct any questions to [email protected]